Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1

Monday, January 13, 2014

Tamera Mowry Got Emotional About Online Racism.

Tamera and Tia Mowry.
Few weeks ago, Tia and Tamera Mowry announced that they were done with reality TV, and a lot of fans praised their decision. On Friday, they both appeared on OWN TV - "Where Are They Now?". One of the sisters Tamera Mowry got really emotional.

Tamera spoke about racism on the internet - she is married to a white man -  Adam Housley, Fox News Channel correspondent. She gave detailed, hurtful and unbelievably racist online comments she’s endured since being in an interracial relationship with her husband.

Her words: “I’ve never experienced so much hate ever in my life. I get called, ‘White man’s whore,’ the new one, ‘Back in the day, you cost $300 but now you’re giving it to ‘em for free.’ Stuff that, me as a person, could never even fathom. I can’t even think of these words. It’s very hard for me to think of it because I’m a product of it. My mom is a beautiful black woman and my dad is an amazing white man. I grew up seeing a family, I didn't grow up seeing ‘ooh a ---- with a white person!’ So it’s very shocking to go through this. She went further: ‘Oh Tia’s a true black woman because she married a black man.’ Oh? I’m lesser of a black person because I married white?

I wrote on this blog in the past that unless it is reported, people go through racism and abuse everyday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It happens everyday and I truly feel her pain. I am white and the response I get from mostly my white folks about my husband and the look from black people is scary but I am resilient. I love my husband and love will see you through.

Anonymous said...

sorry Sister girl....lol